Spring is around the corner. And, what’s better than thinking ahead? That’s what we do here at Global Environmental Solutions. We like to introduce products that provide longevity and purpose while not taking away from the integrity of the surrounding environment.
That said, what’s one thing that contractors, landscapers, and homeowners have in common with regard to thoughts on departing snowbanks? Vegetation. What a landscape looks like from an aesthetic and functional standpoint as it pertains to the plants that reside there.
For gardeners, they often start their seedlings in their basement and/or greenhouse to get a head start on germination of their crops. But how do you get a head start on your landscape, or, rather, ensure that the planting you’re doing will “stick,” and yield positive results? And further, how do you prepare the land your set to plant on to “stay in place,” and avoid washout, etc.?
The answer: tackifiers. The act/art of keeping soil managed and “in its place.”
That said, the biggest challenge for hydroseeders is finding the right solution for their tackifying needs. Spring brings with it a whole lot of rain, and if you’re subjecting yourself to potential failure from washouts and erosion that the spring rains will create. Without forethought about a good tackifier, you’re setting yourself to be way behind when fruitful vegetation is prime to set in and take hold.
What’s that you say?
DirtGlue®. Global Environmental Solutions proprietary product that, quite simply, holds the earth in place.
That facts as they relate to hydroseeding and getting a jumpstart on your spring projects:
- DirtGlue eliminates erosion and washouts in hydroseeding applications
- Using DirtGlue polymer emulsion instead of your regular tackifier is a much more effective solution to prevent washouts from runoff and to accelerate germination.
- The unique bonding capabilities of our polymer technology keep soil, seeds, nutrients, and cellulose mix in place during heavy rains and extreme run-off situations.
What is DirtGlue®?
DirtGlue® polymer emulsion is a powerful, high-tech soil stabilization bonding agent specifically engineered to bond soil particles together. A non-hazardous product, DirtGlue® polymer contains no harmful chemicals, will not adversely affect people, animals or aquatic life.
By employing the power of DirtGlue®, you’re cutting out costly and overly time-consuming maintenance that comes with reapplications of whatever solution you’re utilizing right now. Touchups are relatively standard in the industry, but with DirtGlue® polymer on your side, you avoid these “costs” (monetary and time) and ensure stronger, manageable soil fit for any job you’re looking to perform. It also eliminates dust, which is often a byproduct of working in any environment.
DirtGlue® polymer combined with your hydroseeding mix holds water in the soil longer (greenhouse effect) and protects the soil and plants from rapid dehydration. Benefits proven through extensive testing include:
- 2-5 days earlier germination
- more than a 20% higher germination rate of grasses
- Reduction in soil losses due to strong precipitation (sediment control)
- Prevention of loss of fines due to wind erosion (dust control)
- Elimination of washouts
DirtGlue® is also the key component in our CompoMulch™ product.
- Even application
- Faster coverage over larger areas
- Faster, more complete germination and sustained nutrient release for long-term growth
Benefits of using CompoMulch™:
- Reduces water usage and helps retain available moisture
- Reduces erosion and the effects of erosion
- Improved plant growth
- Binds soil, seed and mulch mediums
- Fully biodegradable (organic in fact)
- Prevents washouts even in the severest weather
CompoMulch™ hydromulch is a custom blended hydromulch that contains 50% sterilized compost/humus mixed with special blend of vegetable fiber (no paper, no wood – which is common in most hydromulch solutions on the market).
At the root of it all is DirtGlue®. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. But don’t wait too long. Time is of the essence, and forward thinking leads to forward progress. Contact Global Environmental Solutions today and spring forward with DirtGlue®. Let’s work together to get better control over that project you’ve got percolating.
Our position with the many products we offer is simple. They’re: For the earth, with the earth in mind.